Publish Places of work offering fundamental companies throughout lock down
• The Publish Places of work are offering fundamental postal and monetary companies within the wake of the 21-day lockdown introduced by the Union Authorities. This was knowledgeable by the Ministry of Communications on March 27, 2020.
• The postal places of work are giving precedence to supply of important gadgets.
• The submit places of work are additionally permitting withdrawal and deposit underneath Publish Workplace Financial savings Financial institution and India Publish Funds Financial institution.
• Moreover this, services corresponding to Aadhar Enabled Cost System and ATM facility are additionally out there in submit places of work for withdrawal of cash from any checking account.
Excessive-level committee approves Rs. 5,751 crore price fund for eight states
• A high-level committee, chaired by Dwelling Minister Amit Shah has authorized funds price Rs 5,751 crore to eight states for calamity injury aid.
• The extra centre assistanmce has been authorized underneath the Nationwide Catastrophe Response Fund.
• They are going to be given to eight states that had been affected by drought, floods, landslides and cyclones in 2019.
• The states embody Kerala, Bihar, Nagaland, Odisha, Maharashtr, Rajasthan, West Bengal and Karnataka.
IIT Gandhinagar launches Challenge ‘Isaac’
• The Indian Institute of Know-how, Gandhinagar (IITGN) has launched ‘Challenge Isaac’ to have interaction college students in artistic initiatives throughout the COVID-19 lockdown.
• The mission goals to reinforce the scholar’s abilities whereas they’re confined of their houses.
• The mission is impressed by Sir Isaac Newton, who was equally despatched house because of the Nice Plague of London in 1665.
• Throughout that yr, Newton had devloped a few of his most important discoveries together with early calculus and his theories of gravity and optics.
India’s GDP progress slashed to 2.5 % in 2020
• Moody’s Buyers Service on March 27, 2020 lowered India’s GDP progress in 2020 to 2.5 % from the sooner estimate of 5.three %.
• Moody’s mentioned that the COVID-19 pandemic will trigger unprecedented shock to the worldwide financial system together with the Indian financial system.
• It mentioned in its International Macro Outlook 2020-21 that India will see a pointy fall in incomes at an estimated 2.5 % progress fee.