International days are the occasions to aware public on issues of concern, to prepare political will and assets to address worldwide issues, and to celebrate and fortify accomplishments of humankind.
“We are the Savior, just need a safe Future.” Manvi Jain
In 1995 at the World Conference on Women in Beijing nations collectively embraced the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action – the most reformist outline ever for propelling the privileges of girls as well as women. The Beijing Declaration is the first to explicitly get down on young girls’ privileges.
On December 19, 2011, United Nations General Assembly embraced Resolution 66/170 to announce October 11 as the International Day of the Girl Child, to perceive young girls’ privileges and the extraordinary difficulties young girls face over the world.
The International Day of the Girl Child Focuses on need to address the difficulties girls face and to strengthen them with the satisfaction of their common liberties. They have the equal rights to get education, health and sound life. A small investment towards their upliftment today will repay a huge cost of prosperous and equitable future tomorrow. They just need a chance to cherish their potential which they already possess. Achieving gender equality and women’s empowerment is integral to each of the 17 goals of SDG adopted by world leaders in 2015.
- By 2021 around 435 million women and young girls will be living on under $1.90 every day — including 47 million drove into neediness because of COVID-19.
- Every 1 in 3 women worldwide have experienced sexual abuse. Amid outbreak of COVID-19, violence against women and girls, and particularly domestic violence, has intensified.
- About 60% of the nation’s actually practice victimization girls’ privileges to acquire land and non-land resources in either law or practice.
My Voice, Our Equal Future
Progress for juvenile girls has not stayed up with the real factors they face today, and COVID-19 has fortified huge numbers of these holes. This year, under the subject, “My Voice, Our Equal Future”, how about we take advantage of the chance to be motivated.
For bold action on gender equality, Generation Equality was also launched as a multi-year, multi-partner campaign and movement in early 2020. The central theme to the Generation Equality mission is a clear narrative and actions related to the needs and opportunities of adolescent girls and their solutions is.
The Platform for Action explicitly approaches the worldwide community to:
- Eliminate all types of oppression against women and girls.
- Eliminate negative social mentalities and practices against girls.
- Promote and secure the privileges of girls and increment consciousness towards their needs and potential.
- Eliminate victimization against girls in education, skills improvement and training.
- Eliminate victimization against girls in wellbeing and sustenance.
- Eliminate the child labor and economic exploitation.
- Promote girls’ awareness towards social, economic and political participation.
- Strengthen the role of the family in improving the status of women.
How to get involved
Share stories of inspiring women or girls or women led organizations who are introducing innovative solutions or leading efforts towards positive social change, gender equality, dedicated for their communities and nations. We should amplify their leadership, actions and impact in order to inspire others.
Encourage Participation in a youth-led digital activation launching on International Day of the Girl. Young people across the world are developing a digital activism campaign which aims at raising girls’ voices and their vision for a reimagined future.