Rajasthan Police Constable Exam is conducted by the office of Director General of Police Rajasthan. Rajasthan police department invites application for the posts of General Constable, Constable Driver, Constable Band, Constable Cavalry, and others as per requirement. This exam is one of the most awaited exams for the candidates who are willing to join Rajasthan police force.
Rajasthan Police Constable Exam notification was released on the official website of Rajasthan police on December 4, 2019. In the notification, the office of Director General of Police Rajasthan invited application for 5438 vacant posts. In this article, we will discuss all important facts about the exam; keep reading till the end
- September 4: Rajasthan police constable exam dates (tentative) are out, as per various sources the exam may be conducted on November 6,7 and 8, 2020. The recruitment for 5438 vacancies of constable in its 59 units was announced last year, around 17.5 lakh aspirants have applied for the posts. Read more
- July 14: Rajasthan has released a notification regarding changes in Rajasthan Police Constable Recruitment 2019-2020, new amendments have been done in the allocation of marks for candidates with special qualifications. Read more
- June 10: Rajasthan police constable exam is likely to be held in July as per media reports. Read more
- May 1: Rajasthan Police Constable Exam 2020, which was supposed to be conducted by the end of May, is expected to be conducted in July 2020. The delay is due to the ongoing scenario in the country due to COVID 19 outbreak. Read more.
Rajasthan Police Constable Exam 2019 Highlights
|Exam Name||Rajasthan Police Constable Exam 2019|
|Conducting Body||Office of Director General of Police Rajasthan|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Language||English and Hindi|
|Exam Fees||General, Other Backward Class (OBC) – Rs 400Scheduled Caste (SC) /Scheduled Tribe (ST) – Rs 350|
|Exam Purpose||To recruit constable for Rajasthan police|
|Number of Vacancies||5438|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||18001806127|
|Exam Helpdesk Email ID||Recruitmenthelpdesk@rajasthan.gov.in|
Rajasthan Police Constable Exam 2019 Important Dates and Events
Candidates can find Rajasthan Police Constable Dates 2019 below:
|Rajasthan Police Constable Exam 2019 Events||Rajasthan Police Constable Exam 2019 Dates||Salient Features|
|Rajasthan Police Constable Online Application||December 19, 2019 to February 10, 2020||The notification has been released on December 4, online application is going to start from December 19, 2019.|
|Rajasthan Police Constable Admit Card||October 2020 (tentative)||As per the official notification, the written exam is going to be conducted in the month of September/October 2020. Admit card will be released around a week before the exam.|
|Rajasthan Police Constable Exam 2019 Date||06-11-202007-11-202008-11-2020||Rajasthan police constable exam dates (tentative) are out, as per various sources the exam may be conducted on November 6,7 and 8, 2020.|
|Result Declaration||To be updated||The conducting body will publish the result on the official website. In the list, the number of candidates is likely to be five times the vacancy released. The exact date of result declaration isn’t known yet.|
|Combined Select List Publication||To be updated||After the declaration result of written exam, candidates have to pass physical and medical tests. After all stages are over, exam conducting authority will release final allotment list.|
Rajasthan Police Constable Exam 2019 Eligibility
Candidates, who are going to apply for Rajasthan Police Constable 2019, should read the notification carefully before applying. Rajasthan Police Constable application will start on December 19, 2019 tentatively. The conducting authority has specified several eligibility criteria for the candidates. Applications will be considered valid when all eligibility criteria are met. Followings are the basic eligibility criteria for Rajasthan Police Constable Exam 2019:
Age: Age of the candidates must be between 18 and 23 years (26 years for Constable Driver) as on May 17, 2018.
|District/Unit/Battalion||Rajasthan Police Constable Educational Qualification|
|Telecommunication operator||10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board with physics and mathematics as compulsory subjects.|
|RAC/MBC Battalion||Minimum 8th pass from a recognized board|
|District Police/Intelligence||Minimum 10th or equivalent from a recognized board|
|Rajasthan Police Constable Physical Standards||General||Sahariya Tribe|
|Height||Male: 168 cmFemale: 152 cm||Male: 160 cmFemale: 145 cm|
|Chest||Male: Without expansion – 81 cmWith expansion- 86 cm(Minimum expansion 5 cm)Female: NA||Male: Without expansion – 74 cmWith expansion – 79 cm (Minimum expansion 5 cm)Female: NA|
|Weight||Male: NAFemale: 47.5 kg||Male: NAFemale: 43 Kg|
- Candidates must have an eyesight of 6X6 without glasses
- Mental fitness of the candidates is an important criteria
- Candidates must not suffer from night blindness, hernia, knock-knee, varicose veins, flat foot, colour blindness, stammering, squint or any other vision or surgery related deformity
Rajasthan Police Constable Selection Procedure
Selection of candidates for the role of constable under Rajasthan police has several stages, the Rajasthan Police Constable exam pattern has been discussed below:
Stage 1: Written Test
- The written exam will comprise of 150 objective type questions carrying a total of 75 marks.
- The exam will be of 2 hours. The mode of exam will be offline and OMR based. 25% marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Qualifying marks:
|General and backward classes(OBC & MBC)||40%|
Stage 2: Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- This test is qualifying in nature
- If a candidate is found physically not efficient, he or she will be disqualified
- There is no scope for re-appealing in PET
Stage 3: Physical Standard Test (PST)
- In this test, height and circumference of the chest of the candidates will be measured
- Candidates can re-appeal or the PST by paying Rs 500
Stage 4: Proficiency Test (for drivers, band, mounted, dog squad)
- If any candidate fails to qualify proficiency test, he or she will be disqualified
- Minimum qualifying percentages are same as written exam given in the stage 1
Rajasthan Police Constable Salary
Candidates who will successfully complete all the stages of recruitment process, will be appointed constable under Rajasthan police. They will be entitled to get salary of Rs 23,000 plus other allowances. Find Rajasthan police constable Salary breakup below:
|Rajasthan Police Constable Salary Components||Rajasthan Police Constable Salary Break-ups|
|Basic Salary||Rs 5200-20190|
|Grade pay||Rs 2400|
|Take-home salary||Rs 23000 + allowances|
FAQs Related to Rajasthan Police Constable
Q: Who is the regulatory authority of Rajasthan Police Constable recruitment?
A: The exam is being conducted by the office of Director General of Police Rajasthan.
Q: What is the minimum age for Rajasthan Police Constable recruitment?
A: A candidate must be 18 years old to become eligible for Rajasthan Police Constable Exam.
Q: What is the type of questions asked in the written test of Rajasthan Police Constable Exam?
A: In the written test, the questions are asked in MCQ format.
Q: Is Rajasthan Police Constable Exam conducted online or offline?
A: The exam is going to be conducted online, it’s a computer based test (CBT).
Q: What is the minimum passing percentage for Rajasthan Police Constable Exam?
A: For candidates from the general category and backward classes, the minimum passing percentage is 40%, for candidates belonging to SC/ST categories, the passing percentage is 36%.
Q: What is the salary of Rajasthan Police Constable?
A: a constable under Rajasthan police is entitled to get Rs 23000 + allowances.
Q: Can I reappear for Rajasthan Police Constable PST?
A: Candidates can re-appeal or the PST by paying Rs 500.
Q: Do I need to appear for a proficiency test in Rajasthan Police Constable exam?
A: Proficiency Test is conducted for drivers, band, mounted, dog squad posts.
Q: Is Rajasthan Police Constable Physical Efficiency Test (PET) qualifying in nature?
A: Yes, Rajasthan Police Constable Physical Efficiency Test (PET) is qualifying in nature.
Q: Can I reappear for Rajasthan Police Constable PET?
A: No, there is no scope for re-appealing in PET.
Q: Is there any post recruitment training for Rajasthan Police Constable?
A: as per protocol, there has to be training for all selected candidates.